EDI Business Analyst
IdeaCrew is currently seeking an experienced Business Analyst with EDI expertise to help support our fast-paced, growing State-based Marketplace (SBM) team. This individual will engage with cross-functional teams to manage the progression of critical activities, deliverables, resources, and timelines in connection with deployment and operations of key components of our technology platform SBMs.
Reporting to the VP of Integration and the Team Lead, the EDI Business Analyst ensures that individuals, families, and businesses are properly enrolled in qualified health plans and qualified dental plans.
This individual works directly with qualified health plan and qualified dental plan issuers on operations related to electronic data interchange (EDI) including ASC X12 820 and 834 files, error logs, and effectuation files. The EDI Business Analyst works with the federal government on required data files submitted to CMS and other federal agencies. You will interact closely with internal staff including policy and business staff, contact center staff, and command and control center staff.
The EDI Business Analyst will
- Work with insurance companies to resolve issues related to EDI data exchanged between HBX and the insurers, including but not limited to benefits enrollment/dis-enrollment, remittance advice, data reconciliation, and transmission errors
- Identify, troubleshoot, and rectify production issues with EDI files payloads and Infrastructure
- Be able to manually produce EDI files for certain testing purposes
- Provide support for EDI software development activities
- Work with federal agencies on issues related to 834 and other data file transfers to the federal government.
- Participate in all phases of system testing that involves generation or consumption of EDI files
- View, acknowledge and identify potential data impacts to other business operations and systems based on understanding of HBX operations and data requirements as well as the insurer operations and business requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, information technology, business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with ASC X12 Benefit Enrollment (834) and Premium Payment (820) Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) standards and XML formats.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office or the Google Suite, and similar project management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; be able to calibrate level of detail based on audience
$75000 to $140000 per year
IdeaCrew values a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. IdeaCrew does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, political affiliation, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.