IdeaCrew is seeking a Principal Engineer to develop, defend and oversee the execution of system architecture and implementation patterns. You will work closely with the Chief Architect to define and map long term architectural vision for multiple products and platforms, set appropriate milestones in line with product and client roadmaps, and work with cross functional teams to ensure development is executed in line with this strategy.
This individual guides strategic technical direction and technology choices, defines and communicates conventions, and develops system design and architectural capabilities in senior engineers across the organization.
This is a leadership role in the IdeaCrew team, with potential for continued growth and development of the strategic and management elements for the right candidate.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- System Architecture
- Evolutionary Architecture
- RESTful API design
- Ruby on Rails development
- Server-side UI development principles
- Client-side UI development principles and frameworks (primarily AngularJS)
- Mobile-first application design
A Solutions Architect for IdeaCrew will:
- Work directly with the Chief Architect and executive stakeholders (both internal and client) on strategy and vision
- Collaborate with development teams and senior engineers to guide technical execution, solve problems and evolve patterns and conventions as projects and roadmaps change
- Be responsible for designing and proposing both short- and long-term solutions to business and technical challenges
- Assess proposals from internal and external team members for strategic fit
- Mentor senior engineers to uplift capability in our existing teams
You will also be a champion not just of our technical roadmap, but of our delivery culture – you will demonstrate thought leadership in your engagement at all levels of the organization, as well as an outcome-oriented focus to everything you do. You will use your broad base of skills and experience to identify and close execution gaps or remove obstacles to the success of the team, and prioritize effort across multiple competing deliveries.
You will bring expert knowledge on industry, development and architecture trends, and be able to coach and communicate them to the wider organization.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- 4+ years working as a lead or principal engineer developing applications built using Ruby on Rails
- 10+ years working as a software engineer
- Proven experience as a system architect working with complex application ecosystems
- Proven experience overseeing technical direction for multiple development teams
- Demonstrable experience managing senior stakeholders
- Experience working with B2B integration using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Experience in Healthcare systems desirable, but not mandatory
$125000 to $225000 per year
IdeaCrew values a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. IdeaCrew does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, political affiliation, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.